July 8, 2010

Backyard Campfires

This isn't really about camping, but it is about campfires. With the sun going down so late, I've been able to do some puttering outside after work. We have at least a couple backyard campfires a month so I've wanted some benches out there. Last year I salvaged eight telephone pole segments from a drive-through getting a landscape remodel. The long boards were salvaged from some cement forms when I built the fence. That means I've only spent $19 on the bolts to assemble the frame. The bench top will be a little pricey, but I'm making it out of recycled decking. I'll get Andy to dig out the soil around the fire ring and backfill it with gravel. It should be a nice little social area when it gets done.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cross braces and extra lumber !!! Heavy I bet ????? Just like my Texaco module !!!! LOLOLOLOLOL.....

With Aloha,
MONGO......