September 16, 2007

12:00 Fire Update

I've been listening to the radio traffic from the fire fighters and air tankers, and I just heard them ask for trucks to protect a Boy Scout Camp. I called Paul to see what was going on at Holcomb Valley and he told me that they evacuated 65 horses from the camp. The smoke is very dense and the fire is burning their direction. This photo above is from a firefighter with a GPS transmitter. The dots show his various locations. I added some other descriptions to the photo for reference. Click on it for a larger view.

In this photo taken across the lake and looking north, you can see the solar observatory next to Serrano Campground. Holcomb Valley is four miles directly behind that observatory. From the radio traffic, it sounds like they're not going to get a handle on this fire for several days.

0 comments: